PEARLS (Program to Encourage Active Rewarding Lives)
**McHenry County PEARLS Program now accepting new clients for services delivered by phone or video**
Social Isolation is an important part of controlling the COVID-19 virus. However, social isolation is one of the major causes of depression in older adults; it can lead to feelings of loneliness, sadness, fear, and depression. The tele-PEARLS program can help reduce the negative effects of social isolation. You don’t need to trade your physical well-being for your emotional well-being!
If you, or someone you know, is feeling overwhelmed or depressed, reach out! Call to discuss options today with a certified PEARLS counselor.
Tele-PEARLS is a short-term, evidenced-based program:
- Reduces depressive symptoms for older adults, including veterans, and adults with epilepsy.
- Is effective with or without traditional therapy and/or medication management.
- The PEARLS Counselor can coordinate referrals to Medicare approved in-home and tele-therapy counselors and can arrange for case management services.
- Is delivered by a Certified PEARLS Counselor by phone or video conference.
- Can be delivered in Spanish.
PEARLS is free of charge for McHenry County residents
Referrals are welcome from all providers, senior service agencies, churches and faith organizations, and community-based programs. Self-referrals are also encouraged.
To refer a client or yourself, or to learn more, please contact the PEARLS Program:
Phone: 815.701.6605 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Mail Referrals: email@example.com
Fax Referrals: 815.560.0104
The PEARLS program is provided through partnerships with the Harvard Community Senior Center, Advocate ~ Aurora Health System, the McHenry County Mental Health Board, and the Senior Services Grant